Saturday, April 7, 2012

With a Little Assistance

Although I was only able to hit up a single thrift store this weekend, I was able to get some pretty awesome finds thanks to some help from my dad.  Yes ladies and gentlemen, he fully supports my bizarre Pyrex addiction (even though some is currently stored in his garage hehe).  The best part about it?  He's gotten quite good at picking it out. 



First and foremost, I bought the apron...with the pickle dancing on the can of tuna.  Honestly, I'm not completely sure why, but it was kind of appealing to me.  It did have a date of 1990 on it though...and I am a fan of pickles. 

Also in my single store stop last night I was able to find the Pyrex regency green bread plate and the little clear souffle dish hiding underneath the mixing bowl.  Those three things and a piece of fabric were totaled to $2.90.  It was a splurge day.  



All the other things are credited to Dad. I love the size of the clear casserole dish in the back and they are even better when they include a lid.  The opal divided dish front and sort-of-center is my second of this size and color.  I can't wait to put it to work.  Although I'm not usually a big fan of the spring blossom/crazy daisy pattern on the little mixing bowl, this one has really grown on me.  It's just got that "cute" look to it...like the one with kitties and puppies...except it's Pyrex.  The Pyrex flameware skillet is definitely a favorite of mine though.  I absolutely love the flameware line in general, but especially these older blue tinted items.   


It was so nice seeing my new little skillet meet with it's bigger saucepan brother.  Now all I need is one more for the set.  Well, that and the clip on handle.  Those handles sure seem elusive around here.  I will not get discouraged though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for any comments or feedback! I adore hearing from the people who take the time to read my overly excited - sometimes scatter brained - posts.

- Cal :)