Thursday, August 16, 2012

Three Goodwills and a Salvation Army Later...

Well today was thankfully a day off from both of my jobs.  What better way to spend it then by thrifting my lil heart out?  I suppose I could have folded laundry like a good girl...but the prospect of finding Pyrex was far more tempting.  As the title of this post suggests, I was able to hit 4 stores...and I scored!

Dream come true, I found 3 lime Pyrex 080 individual casseroles at Goodwill.  I scooped them up so quick I didn't even think about the fact i already had a large quantity of Pyrex in my hands...luckily my dad had went to grab a cart and came to my rescue, Da-Da-Dah!  I also found 2 spring blossom shakers (each at different stores) and my dad found an old towne blue shaker.  He also found the 1 cup mini coffee pot.  Next up are the two Pyrex divided casserole dishes I found, one a promotional Constellation and the other in Butterfly Gold. 


And yet there is more.  I found a red band Corning restaurant ware cup as well as a wood pattern Pyrex See-n-Store.  I'm hoping to paint the see and store though, I just can't bring myself to be a fan of the faux wood look.  Also, I found 2 Fire King(?) jadeite saucers and an older jar lifter with green wood handles.  The two homeless lids will hopefully find a casserole to match up with one day, especially that space saver one.  My-oh-my how I wish the casserole was found under this lid.  Last for this photo is a souvenir plate from the Corning Headquarters in NY. 



Finally, I also picked up this double drawer filing cabinet/card catalog thingy for $4 at Goodwill.  I liked it because it's actually in decent shape and the drawers still pull easily.  I will have to find a place for it.  



That's all for now folks!  Hopefully more coming soon. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your faux wood container!! And the lime 080's are so cuuuute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments or feedback! I adore hearing from the people who take the time to read my overly excited - sometimes scatter brained - posts.

- Cal :)