Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Very Vintage Christmas

Here is the post I'm sure you saw coming.  Everyone, I would like to introduce you to my new Christmas goodies.  It seems like my parents really had fun searching for me this year and they did not disappoint. 
 
First of all, they found this Dormeyer stand mixer with meat grinder.  I believe it was made around 1950-1951 and still works wonderfully.  My only disappointment was that it only has the smaller of the mixing bowls but it will give me something to search for.  They also picked up the shiny brites which i adore.  Next up is a older Pyrex Percolator which I am intrigued by as the insides are completely metal.  Previously I had only ever found them where the insides were partially glass.  The metal insides also must be original as they are marked Pyrex.  Has anyone else ever found a similar one?  Last for this photo is a small Jadeite bowl.
 
 
 
Now comes the Pyrex!  The single item I am perhaps most excited about is the Compass promotional divided casserole.  It even has it's original carrier handle!  Hopefully tomorrow it will be put to use, you will see another blog post on it if so.  Also, I received the smallest verde frigie, Horizon Blue mixing bowl (my first of this pattern), and the smaller red hostess dish.  

 
Isn't it such a pretty red?

 
 
I really do think I'm in love with this.  

 
Here are some more miscellaneous Pyrex goodies.  I was quite tickled to get another double broiler, they seem harder to come buy around here.  Also pictured are a creamer, cookie jar, various see and store canisters and a lil coffee carafe.  

 
 
Now comes my new purchases.  I have to tell you, I am still absolutely thrilled with this one.  I found this Coleman metal cooler for only $20 at a local antique mall. Although it isn't in pristine condition, it has been used but not abused.  I'm completely okay with this though because that means that I can use it.  I'm sure it will be taking part in next summer's camping excursions.   

 
Part of the Diamond Series, this cooler was made in February, 1964.  How can you get it that exact down to the month?

 
 
How to... Date Coleman products:
Located with the other manufacturing information on the bottom of this cooler are 3 digits that can be utilized to date.  For example, this cooler is marked 6 42.  This translates into 6 4 being 1964 and the final digit signifying the second month being February. 
 
Now if only all vintage products had made it this simple to date them.


 
 
Also found at that antique mall was this "As You Like It" Fruit cocktail glass jar with plastic lid.  I picked up the two boxes of Shiny Brite ornaments at Goodwill for around a dollar a piece.  Finally, I found this Sears Courier train case at Goodwill for $3.  

 
 
Although the tray and keys are missing, it's still in quite good condition and I love the teal color to it.  Now I just need to find a matching suitcase, teehee.  

 
 
Well that's all for now folks.  Linking up over at Rednesday.  Happy thrifting and I hope you have a fabulous New Year!  

15 comments:

  1. Anybody who gifts Pyrex is a keeper in my book! Love it all, especially the Blue Horizon. It is definitely one of my favorite patterns.

    Happy New Year!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica! My dad is definately a keeper with his Pyrex skills and Blue Horizon is amongst my favorite patterns too!

      Delete
  2. My goodness, what an awesome trove of new vintage treasures! I love the dark ruby-ish red of that bowl, too, it seems especially well suited to the Christmas season.

    Happiest New Year's wishes!!!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! That's what I thought when I first saw it as well hehe

      Delete
  3. I would have bought the Coleman chest - what a neat find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill, I'm still pretty tickled about that one. Before even leaving the store a had a pair of fellow shoppers stop me and tell me I did good with that one!

      Delete
  4. You were truly blessed and showered with wonderful vintage finds. Santa was very good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely had a very good vintage Christmas. Santa was really good to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and I agree, he truely was good!

      Delete
  6. Great gifts and finds - happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great finds! My in-laws always surprise me with some great pyrex finds when they come to visit. Love the red dish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz! I'm glad to hear you get spoiled with Pyrex too hehe

      Delete
  8. Wow! You got spoiled! Love it. Every time I go to goodwill I look for an old mixer...haven't found one yet! Hunting is fun tough! Happy New Year!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I'll cross my fingers you find a vintage mixer! I completely agree though, most of the thrill in in the hunt.

      Delete

Thank you so much for any comments or feedback! I adore hearing from the people who take the time to read my overly excited - sometimes scatter brained - posts.

- Cal :)