Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thrift Tales Thursday: Christmas Lovin'

Hello all and I hope you had a positively wonderful holiday!  I know I did, it was so nice to just relax and spend some much needed time with my family and boyfriend.  Not to mention all the delicious food, including my grandma's perfect peanut butter fudge.  It was enough to encourage kicking off the New Year's resolutions early.  Teeheehee
 
But now we are on to the lovely vintage goodness I found under the tree!  My Dad did wonderfully with the 1961 Holiday Promotional Pyrex casserole with lid.  He also found the Daisy loaf pan and the Amish Blue Butterprint Mixing Bowls.  My mom found me the Pink Daisy space saver at goodwill and it is in wonderful condition except for a small chip.  I love it.  She also found the pink banded plate.  I found the cute mini-cookbooks at an antique store on sale. 

 
This is the unbelievable part though.  My dad found me a set of the blue banded dinnerware complete with serving platter and bowl, as well as the cream and sugar. There are 8 place settings including the dinner plate, luncheon plate, saucer, and bowl as well as 3 cups.  Luckily I believe I have some cups and some bread plates so chances are I have a complete set for 8.  Squeee!  Have I mentioned my dad is the best!
 
 
My boyfriend was also a sweetheart and got me a pink snuggie...which he decided to get embroidered...with I <3 Pyrex.  I think he is a keeper. 
 
 
In other news, I also found these two Colonial Mist Cinderella Mixing Bowls at Goodwill for a steal at $3 for both.  I had also found 3 of the spring blossom bowls but I had forgotten to photograph them. 
 
 
Question of the Day:  Did you find any vintage goodies waiting under your tree?  What was your favorite?  If you can choose that is ;)
 
Well that's all for now folks!  Hopefully the holidays were all you hoped for and more.  Happy Thrifting!

5 comments:

  1. The Snugglie is AWESOME!!! I agree, he's probably a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I always joke that the Snuggie would be the worst gift ever. But I would take that one in a minute! What an awesome idea. Definitely a keeper :-)

    You got some awesome stuff for sure. Pyrex is always at the top of my gift list but it's getting harder and harder to buy it for me since I only collect certain colors and patterns. Guess I will have to move on to collecting more Fire King and Jadeite. Darn.

    Happy New Year!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your family is so sweet!! Great Pyrex and love the snuggie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really had a Pyrex filled Christmas - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I just found you blog. I love your finds! I am a collector also. I love Pyrex, vintage linens - pretty much all vintage actually. I also write a blog. Stop by and visit sometime.
    http://kayteejaneshouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments or feedback! I adore hearing from the people who take the time to read my overly excited - sometimes scatter brained - posts.

- Cal :)